Larry Page’s Business Success Secrets
BORN: 26th March, 1973, Lansing, Michigan, USA
BUSINESS: Google Inc.
INDUSTRY: Information Technology, Internet
INCOME: Net worth US $17.5 Billion
FORTUNE: Self Made
HOME: California, USA
FAMILY: Wife, Lucinda Southworth
Larry Page is one of the richest and most successful men in the world, and yet many people have never even heard of him. One name that everyone does recognize, however, is Google. Page, along with his partner, Sergey Brin, founded the search engine, and head Google, Inc.
He was recently among the top 25 wealthiest people in the world. And this is his fortune— his partner is tied with him, because they are worth the same, as co-founders of the business. The explosive growth of Google, Inc. has so transformed the way we do things that it is hard to imagine that it was created little over a decade ago. Page is a single-minded man. That’s no surprise, since it would take such laser focus to earn the fortune that he has.
Larry’s Success Secrets
- Instead of trying to gather information and keep users at Google, they built a search engine that would allow users to find what they were looking for, and quickly go elsewhere. This filled a need that is obvious now that Google is so successful. Part of the lesson here is to think in new and creative ways. If you can find a way to serve many people in a new way, you have a formula for success on your hands.
- The pace of living and doing business is changing faster now than ever before. The rapid pace of change is actually due, in part, to Larry Page, among others. This is a lesson about adaptability. If you can see the next big thing on the horizon, and adapt to it, you can ride the wave to prosperity.
- Google has a simple company mantra; “Don’t be evil.” The leaders of Google maintain their integrity and moral thinking, and make it part of their corporate culture. Page says, “Our users trust Google’s objectivity and no short-term gain could ever justify breaching that trust.” This determination to do things well and with principle has led to their gaining the trust of vast numbers of people.
- Page’s company places a premium on true excellence. “Always deliver more than expected. Google does not accept being the best as an endpoint, but a starting point.” This point about standards is a major insight. Don’t just do things, do them well. Do them better than anyone else. And then surpass your own mark. With that kind of mindset, it would be impossible not to succeed, and one can see why Google is the brand that it is.
- Page places emphasis on giving users everything they want, and letting his employees take control and be unfettered when they are looking for solutions. Google does not have a large administrative structure to bog things down. Page says simply, “We don’t have as many managers as we should, but we would rather have too few than too many.”
From My No.1 Best Selling Book: “Millionaires and Billionaires Secrets Revealed!”
Larry’s Success Quotes
- We have a mantra: don’t be evil, which is to do the best things we know how for our users, for our customers, for everyone. So I think if we were known for that, it would be a wonderful thing. ~ Larry Page
- Fear of failure should not stop anyone. ~ Larry Page
- asically, our goal is to organize the world’s information and to make it universally accessible and useful. ~ Larry Page
- Many leaders of big organizations, I think, don’t believe that change is possible. But if you look at history, things do change, and if your business is static, you’re likely to have issues. ~ Larry Page
- If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach. ~ Larry Page